Chairman of APJII Bali Andhy Sabli Tagijara (center) received congratulations from the Chairman of APJII Jamalul Izza and APJII management after the closing of APJII Bali Regional meeting, in Kuta.
Chairman of APJII Bali Andhy Sabli Tagijara (center) received congratulations from the Chairman of APJII Jamalul Izza and APJII management after the closing of APJII Bali Regional meeting, in Kuta.
Chairman of APJII Bali Andhy Sabli Tagijara (center) received congratulations from the Chairman of APJII Jamalul Izza and APJII management after the closing of APJII Bali Regional meeting, in Kuta.
Chairman of APJII Bali Andhy Sabli Tagijara (center) with the Chairman of APJII Jamalul Izza and APJII management after the closing of APJII Bali Regional meeting, in Kuta.

KUTA, Bali (BPN) – Chairman Association of Indonesian Internet Providers (APJII) Jamalul Izza said that his side is ready to support the government in developing internet services into villages in the country.

“Regarding the government program of Nawa Cita, we need a good frequency to cover the suburbs. In point is, APJII is ready to support the internet at villages,” said Jamalul Izza.

Currently, there are 12 APJII representatives in Indonesia and it is expected that the number will continue to increase each year. “APJII’s development in Bali is quite good, because Bali is a tourism island which is supported by quite a lot of hotels and accommodation facilities. However, it is unfortunate that internet coverage in Bali does not cover the entire region,” Jamalul Izza said.

At the occasion, Chairman of APJII Bali Andhy Sabli Tagijara explained, 57 APJII members in Bali are ready to support the government program if APJII Bali was involved in realizing the internet at villages.

“If the government wants to consolidate with APJII Bali, I think next year there may be no more blank spots in Bali,” said Andhy Sabli Tagijara, who also serves as Managing Director of Spicelink Internet Service Providers.

As instructed by the central government through the Ministry of Communication and Informatics, APJII is targeted to penetrate the internet network to remote areas in every five years, but ironically this program have problems towards the local government bureaucracy (pemda).

For this reason, during his leadership, Andhy determines to integrate with the local government in each regencies in Bali by fixing communication problems in the bureaucracy. He noted, internet connections have covered the entire region of Bali (80 percent), the rest (20 percent) that have not been connected are rural remote areas.

READ ALSO:  Hudreds of Students in Kintamani Follow STEM CAMP to Develop Character and Skills

Meanwhile, former Chairman of APJII Bali (2015-2018) I Gede Yudhatama hoped the new chairman will be able to solve all the problems related to the internet in Bali.

“As a government partner in carrying out internet connections, APJII should also maintain a healthy internet climate. Hopefully we can open infrastructure channels and there will be one pilot village in the suburbs, such as in Singaraja, Negara and Karangasem areas, which then can be evenly distributed throughout Bali,” Gede Yudhatama said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here