Deputy Chairman of Bali COVID-19 Task Force Dewa Made Indra. (Humas)
Deputy Chairman of Bali COVID-19 Task Force Dewa Made Indra. (Humas)

DENPASAR, Bali (BPN) – Bali Authorities decided to carry out a swab test to everyone entering Bali during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a response to the Ministry of Transportation’s policy on May 6, 2020, on gradually increasing people’s mobility.

Bali authorities through the COVID-19 Task Force, to tighten screening for every person who enters through the gates of Bali, especially Ngurah Rai Airport and Benoa Port by requiring them to undergo swab tests.

According to Deputy Chairman of the task force, Dewa Made Indra, this step is done to prevent the entry of carriers from the COVID-19 red zone area to Bali.

So far people who have come to Bali through Ngurah Rai Airport or Benoa Port are repatriated Indonesian Migrant Workers (PMI) who worked abroad.

“Besides undergo a swab test, both PMI and non-PMI must undergo quarantine,” Dewa Made Indra said in Denpasar, Saturday.

Dewa Indra explained the swab test after arrival will still be carried out even though the central government has prepared instruments for every airline’s passenger to undergo a rapid test before departure.

Dewa Indra also responded to rumors that mentioned the activity restrictions for people in Bali, but on the other hand, travelers from outside the island are rather free to enter Bali.

He said that it is a misperception that has to be immediately rectified.

Because what actually happened according to him, every person who passes through the gates of Bali must follow the health procedures.

“Those who entered Bali did follow official procedures on repatriation under our surveillance. They went through a tight screening so that they would not become people who could transmit the COVID-19 to others,” Dewa Indra said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here