DENPASAR, Bali (BPN) – Deputy Chairman of Bali COVID-19 Task Force Dewa Made Indra announced seven new recoveries as of Monday, May 18, bringing the total number to 257.
“There are seven new recoveries today, so the total number of recoveries have reached 257 people or 71.59 percent of the total confirmed cases. This is the highest recovery rate in the country,” Dewa Indra said in Denpasar, Monday.
Besides, Dewa Indra also announced 11 new confirmed cases, bringing the total number to 359.
“There are 11 new confirmed cases. Nine of them are imported cases and three local transmissions,” he said.
According to Dewa Indra, 98 confirmed patients are still under treatment in referral hospitals and quarantine sites in Bali.
Dewa Indra detailed, the 359 confirmed cases consisted of eight foreigners and 351 Indonesians.
From those 351 Indonesians, 182 were imported cases (52.92 percent), 138 local transmissions (38.44 percent), and people who got infected from other regions in the country as many as 31 (8.63 percent).
Previously, he continued, Indonesian Migrant Workers (PMI) should undergo a rapid test. But now, the Task Force has decided they will directly be swab tested after arriving at the airport and Benoa Harbor.
“While the rapid test will still be carried out at Gilimanuk and Padangbai Ports,” Dewa Indra explained.
Nationally, the Indonesia Government announced 496 new confirmed cases as of Monday, bringing the total number to 18.010.
Besides, there are 195 new recoveries, bringing the total number of recovered patients to 4.324. And the death toll increased by 43, bringing the total fatalities to 1.191